Over the last year, we’ve seen a number of noteworthy developments here at Merkle Response Management Group (RMG). 2016 marked a variety of milestones for our employees, clients, and Merkle RMG as a company. In this blog, we’d like to recap and reflect on the year’s highlights and successes.
We were excited to begin what we expect to be long-term partnerships with 18 new clients in 2016. We also achieved some significant numbers in virtually every area of our response management operations.
In the last year alone, Merkle RMG…
- Processed nearly 39 million mail responses for nonprofits
- Deposited over $1.5 billion in nonprofit donations
- Printed and mailed more than 4.4 million acknowledgements
- Packed and shipped just under 800,000 premiums
- Handled approximately 220,000 inbound donor calls
- Managed responses to more than180,000 donor emails
We also saw high levels of success in our key service metrics, including:
- 99.98% processing accuracy
- 99.36% on-time data delivery
- 98.9% on-time deposits
Last year marked the launch of our completely new Merkle RMG website, along with a collection of videos illustrating each of our solution areas, including Data Capture and Imaging, Contact Management, and Acknowledgement & Fulfillment. With a modern, intuitive design and richer resources, the new site offers visitors a better user experience.
2016 was also the inaugural year for Aeon Sustainer Management, our integrated sustainer processing and management solution. With Aeon, we introduced clients to a more comprehensive, flexible and cost-effective tool for supporting the growth of their recurring gift programs.
We also invested over $1 million in a more advanced scanning and imaging system. With the latest applications like remote deposit capture (we call it Remote2RMG) and 2D barcode scanning, it supports even higher speed and accuracy in data and image capture and delivery.
Finally, Merkle RMG invested nearly $700,000 in facility upgrades, IT infrastructure, and other scanning and mailing equipment to improve safety, security and service levels.
2016 was a landmark year for many of our client relationships. The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center celebrated 20 years as a Merkle RMG client, joining eight others who have partnered with us for over two decades.
- 3 clients met their 15-year milestone
- 6 clients reached their 10-year milestone
- 5 clients celebrated their 5-year milestone
We forge these strong, long-term relationships by actively working with our clients as a partner to help them reach their goals.
We’re proud of the dedicated Merkle RMG employees who celebrated notable work anniversaries in 2016.
Last year, 10 staff members celebrated 20 years with the company.
- 7 employees celebrated 15 years
- 5 employees celebrated 10 years
- 23 employees celebrated 5 years
We consider this a true testament to the ongoing dedication that each Merkle RMG employee brings to their role.
In 2016, Merkle RMG and its employees supported a number of community fundraisers, including:
- The Salvation Army Angel Tree program
- Maryland Food Bank Food Drive
- The 5th Annual Charity Drive serving Rescue Mission of Hagerstown and Salvation Army of Pennsylvania
We also introduced several wellness programs and team building activities for our employees, including:
- A new partnership with Zeal Fitness to offer a variety of on-site exercise classes
- Yoga classes
- Nutrition counseling
- An employee-facing blog by a fitness and wellness expert
- 125 employees competing in a “Coast to Coast” walking competition
- 95 employees participating in a “Biggest Loser” company-wide weight loss competition
- Upgrades to the employee fitness facility
- Weekly healthy eating promotions (e.g., Fresh Fruit Fridays, ReThink Your Drink)
- Assorted wellness meetings
We continue to be passionate about helping our employees live healthy, active lives. We also applaud them for the teamwork and support they’ve demonstrated through these programs.
Merkle RMG is thankful for the partnership of our clients and employees in making 2016 a successful year. We look forward to reaching even greater heights in 2017!